Wednesday, September 13, 2006

On Running...

eefa usericon


I'm infinitely excited about the Adidas King of the Road race which takes place in less than a week. Sunday September 17, 2006. My biggest fear is not finishing the race. After several days of back-to-back & back-breaking practice, I don't want to come home defeated. It's my first 10K.


Wow. I got a chance to read a few blogs from people who had participated in the same race. It's held in Malaysia as well...so there were some interesting accounts from them. I have to tell you, it's gonna be pretty challenging. Those folks mentioned the rolling hills which was a bolt from the blue. My practising ground has been my fav. oval Ultra Stadium in Valle Verde. So TOMORROW, I better be practising on the treadmill to achieve the incline to be expected out in the open.


I also got a feeling of the need for those indispensable power bars and energy drinks that I need to get hold of and the need to warm up properly for optimal performance. Here are the lessons I learnt:

1. Bring power pars, isotonic drinks etc

2. I HAVE to be there 530am for a nice smooth warm-up, that means I have to LEAVE 5am. and I guess my friend will have to pick me up even earlier i.e. leave home 440am or so!!! So I need to sleep nice and early so I won't be groggy during the race.

3. The first 50 finishers get medals. hehe

Tomorrow, I'll be in North Greenhills getting my race packet. They're giving away adidas singlets but since I DON'T wear sleeveless stuff, much less SINGLETS, I ordered mine several sizes bigger.... for my brother! hehe...Now, I can't forfeit my singlet jaz coz I don't wear one!

No comments: