Monday, September 4, 2006

The Book Fair

The Book Fair

eefa usericon

Posted by eefa at 11:37 pm on September 3rd, 2006.

Today was a fun day... I got to attend the Manila International Book Fair at the World Trade Center...lots of good books to feast on. That's the pic I took of the tarpaulin outside


Untitled

I was particularly looking for a good guide on yoga, an all-encompassing book dealing with all the schools and positions of yoga. I didn't end up finding one. But I found a nice one on ebay :P

Other than that, today was quite a bummer. Woke up at 2:30pm! ya, life couldn't be any better.


I found this very cool embroidery art on the cover of a calendar book or something. It said it was made by the women of the Kutch tribe in Gujarat, India. The piece was delicate and extremely beautiful. When I saw the price, unfortunately I had to forget about owning it. 985 pesos.

But you appreciate the marvelous piece of art. I can only hope I can buy it loads cheaper in Pakistan. I remember seeing one of my mother's shalwar kameez with just such a thing. This stuff is always adorned on clothes as far as I know.

Untitled
I WANT this! Grr...

No comments: