Thursday, August 17, 2006

Gluttonous urges


eefa usericon



I have an urge to raid the kitchen and eat like there's no tomorrow. And then become like this guy :P (w/ all respect to plus-sized people) Untitled

Buying online has turned out to be so addictive... Finally, RELSFOR is over: It took an all-nighter to compile everything from all the groupmates and finally send them to the lawyer who is supposed to accomplish the logsheets for us.

Then, I come across this entry from Philip. I was trying to kill time on ebay looking for a discman and on blogspot.com trying to find other people with my name. They're only a handful in the world, you see. Anyways, so I come across this entry. Before I read the blog author, I saw the word jollibee. I knew what it was going to be about.

Anything that hurts me doesn't deserve to be in the realm of my thinking. That might classify as escapist thinking but I really don't like to dwell on negative experiences.

Now I know why, when I was in Batcave, he left upon seeing me talking to Kim. The comment that was made wasn't designed to hurt him but his reaction was over the top and disproportionate. Anything that hurts me doesn't deserve to be in the realm of my thinking. That might classify as escapist thinking but I really don't like to dwell on negative experiences.

But whatever happened, happened for good. I still think he's a nice guy and the whole episode was unfortunate. But I can't pretend that nothing happened and I wasn't hurt.

Moving on, I skipped PHILHIS today. A morning class is always such a struggle to attend. FangFang, a very nice groupmate of mine told me about the very significant happenings (grade calculation hehe :)

My image in the mirror this morning frankly scared me. My cheeks are drooping from all the reckless eating that's been going out for the couple of WEEKS...It's not a surprise: Indulgence in food is a good way of countering stress, they say... so it's not entirely a surprise given it's final exam week in a week's time :(

I'm uber excited to go to the International Book Fair by GOODWILL bookstore. I STILL don't have the passes. I hope that won't entail a purchase from their store. I only found out about this huge event from the passes that I saw with Mayumi (the little, sweet girl I tutor).

This really brings back memories of more than 10 years ago when we, as a family would go to this international book fair in suburban Cairo. It would be the mega event of the year... or was it held bi-annually? And INVARIABLY, on our way home, my dad would be complaining about the Pakistan stall. Perhaps, the deeply patriotic man that he is, he wanted to see more worthwhile stuff that would make the mall stand out in the myriad of stalls of countries from all over the world.

Well, that's about it for now. I need to study Parasitology. Those vermiform creatures enthrall me :P (they're not all vermiform by the way)


.vermiformvermiform - resembling a worm; long and thin and cylindrical
formed - having or given a form or shape

from www.TheFreeDictionary.com

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool baby keep it up! i think this is a good way to let out what u feel and maybe b able to reflect on how and why u feel that way and maybe descern whether what u feel is right or wrong

Anonymous said...

i have no idea what teh hell is going in your life, don't know if were supposed to use that type of language, but anyways,i am glad you shared it with me even though i havent talked to in ages. as far as any comments, you are right people should keep their mouth shut before finding the facts. on the other hand it is reality of life and thats how you learn. plus no one think alike. what you experience now will help you when you take your first steps in real world.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Eefa said...

oh Aftab. Thanks for pulling me down, all the time :) You can't expect a cat to say cheese to the camera or display its pan-stained teeth (like urs) to the camera :D

Anonymous said...

hey dear. i didn't know you were on tab as well. i'm so sorry to hear about this recent (or not so recent) skirmish, but i want to let you know that it is inevitable in any organization you enter. maybe it is only heightened in the debate society because we all have different (and quite assertive) personalities and are forced, by the nature of our org, to spend so much time with each other. friction will sometimes occur.

the best thing to do though is to open up lines of communication. yes, it might have been wrong for the other party not to tell you directly what her problem was with you. but it wouldn't help if you won't tell her, in a diplomatic way, why it is that you're troubled. it is only then that true understanding and resolution of the conflict could occur.

that having been said, you have a cute cat and a cool blog, so i'm adding you. cheers.

Eefa said...

Tnx for the comment, Estelle. Yes, i agree with you and I'm gonna work along those lines in the future. cheers :